Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Up To Date

I woke up this morning with a bit of a headache and I'm not sure if blasting the Foo Fighters out of the speakers in front of me is really helping that much. Hang on, I'm going to change the music to something a bit more conducive to writing.

OK, I am now listening to The London Chamber Orchestra playing Pete (of The Who) Townshend's version of "Lifehouse." Much nicer.

There hasn't been a lot of illustration work to show off recently as I've been in the planning stages of a few things. The recording of the OilCan Drive EP is going along fine and the writing of the Exit 6 book is progressing but those don't really make for good images to post on the blog. The movie idea my friend and I are batting around seems to be progressing and I've written out a few scene ideas. He wrote me yesterday to tell me he is in the middle of building a steady cam rig for his camera so we can pull off a few cool shots. I think he wants to start filming something this week but I don't think we're quite there yet. I'd like to get the story down, make it as good as possible, and then even do some quick storyboards so we know exactly how the film will look and pace out. Right now we're still trying to get the basic story down so I think if we start shooting this week it wouldn't amount to much anyway. But, for something we started talking about on Friday it's getting there. Maybe if he wants to shoot something I'll suggest doing some demo stuff with the steady cam rig and seeing if he can pull off some of the shots and digital effects we've been talking about.

I've also been thinking about doing a new OilCan Drive t-shirt design. I'd like to do an illustration of the full band and you can see a few sketches for that idea in my notebook. I think it's getting there. I just need to tweak it a bit and make sure everything looks cool. The other sketches in the notebook are for a client project. These ideas got show down and the finished pieces will look nothing like what you see above. But, that's the whole point of doing thumbnails...to make sure everyone is on the same page and happy before I spend a lot of time drawing, inking, and coloring a piece only to have to go back and change it.

The good news is the revised thumbnails I did today have been approved and I am off to the drawing board to pencil the new ideas out.

And, what do you know, my headache is already going away. Thank you Pete Townshend and The London Chamber Orchestra. I think I'll keep you on while I draw.

Have a great day!

2 comments:

rob! said...

First time Pete Townshend has cured a headache.

Sean Tiffany said...

Pete Townshend! He's good for what ails ya!