Sunday, October 14, 2012

Song Contest

I'll need some help this week.

For those of you in the know, OilCan Drive has always been an odd multi-media project of mine that mixes art, comics, and rock and roll music. This past week I entered one of the acoustic demos I did for the project into the Guitar Center Singer/Songwriter Contest.

I'll put the song up against anything I've heard on the contest page (in the midst of a bunch of acoustic ballads I'm trying to bring the rock!) but the first part of the contest involves an artist's ability to network through various social media (does anyone even still have MySpace anymore?) In order for the judges to even take a look at the song I submitted I need to be in the top ten artists for one week. I've figured to hit the top ten for one week I'll need between 750-900 new fans. The good news is that the contest spans six different platforms (Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, YouTube, Vimeo, and SoundCloud) so if I get one person to "like" me on all six platforms it counts as six fans.

So, this week, starting Monday, I am going to push full tilt and try and get myself into the top ten. I'm not one who's used to asking for help but I could really use any help and support you can give me this week.  All it takes is a few button clicks.

I'll post the video tomorrow as well as my profile on the contest page.

You knew I could draw goofy pictures, but now you'll see I can sing goofy as well.

Thanks everyone!

No comments: