Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Coming Along

As I'm inking away on the interiors of a kid's book this week I thought it would be a good time to show you the progress of the little guy I've been sculpting.

I usually work on him a little bit each night after I'm done working, riding my bike, and working out. I move stuff around a little, put some clay on him, take a little more off, and then, when I like what I see, I found I can smooth the whole thing over with a little rubber cement thinner. It smooths everything out and gives the whole thing the appearance of melted wax.

Then I put him in the fridge so the clay that I like can harden up a bit. It's so I can work on new parts of him without messing up the previous work. The only odd thing is when I open the fridge in the morning to get some milk there is a little man in there staring out at me.

He's coming along a little bit better each day. Again, it's my first attempt to do something like this and the head is only about an inch and a half high. So, as a first try, not too bad.

OK, back to inking. Have a great day!










2 comments:

Jeff Lafferty said...

Its looking really good Sean.
Jeff

Anonymous said...

He's really coming along. Great work on his nose; I'm stunned by it. Sure glad I won't have to hit the fridge at 3am in the morning!!

Dad