Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Waiting...

I submitted two books worth of thumbnails to Stone Arch on Monday and, while I am waiting for them to get back to me with approvals, I find myself wondering what to do for the day.

I had planned on roughing out the children's books today but I don't think it's wise to jump ahead and do a bunch of work that I may end up having to change later.

So, I think I'll go back to inking the few remaining pages of the OilCan Drive book. I only have five pages left and, while I had planned to have them done by last weekend, I kind of stalled during the middle of last week and haven't touched them since.

So, I think that's it. I will go back to inking. Of course, you know, the minute I decide that and sit down to the board to ink I'll get an email saying the thumbnails look great and I'll have to switch gears and draw all day. But, such is the life of a freelance artist.

And, because I've decided to ink today, I am posting one of the inked pages from the OilCan Drive book. I figure I've teased enough with the penciled pages that an inked piece might be a nice change of pace. Plus, I've found that Henry is by far one of my favorite characters to ink and draw.

Enjoy the day!

1 comment:

Craig Michael Patrick said...

Excellent - 5 pages to go!