Tuesday, December 8, 2009

From the Vault WEEK- Exit 6 1989 Part 8

Hey, another transition panel with me trying to draw a cool sky in black and white.

Even then, before going to art school, I was doing transitions pretty much the same way I do them now. Instead of a caption box saying "LATER--" I would always do some panel that showed a lapse of time. Looking back, I think I pulled that from watching so many sitcoms. If you really watch closely any transition in a sitcom is done by showing an exterior of where the next scene is going to take place accompanied with a nice little bit of music. So, I think that's where I pulled that from.

And, in this page we learn a little bit more about Keith's life. How his Dad left, how his Mom seems to date around (she must have very low standards if she ever dated Keith's father, The Count...I mean, the guy looks like a cross between a mole, a hamster, and a rat.)

Of course, Brian wants to hear none of it. Because, you know, that's what friends are for.

This is the last page of this version of EXIT 6 I found under the bed in Maine. There is one more page that must have been from a different story but it didn't fit in with these pages. So, maybe I'll save that for this coming Friday's "From the Vault."

I hope you all enjoyed this look WAAAAAY back into the vault. It's been fun for me to look back to where I came from, where I've been, and how I've grown as an artist over the years.

Now, it's time to get back to the new stuff. See you tomorrow!

No comments: