Monday, December 14, 2009

Let's Play Some Football!

Late last night I finished up the third book in the Jake Maddox football series I've been doing for Stone Arch Books.

For a book that I started really strong at the start of the week it really broke me down by week's end. Maybe it's because I did three of these books in a row, did all the covers, and all the little bits of interior art to accompany the stories, in the span of seven weeks straight.

By Friday night, at around eight, I was fully dressed and passed out in my bed.

But, the first three books are done now and I am taking the rest of the month off for the holidays and a few personal projects. I'll finish the fourth book in January to make the final February 1st deadline. But, the first few days off are always the hardest part. After seven weeks of always having something you need to work on it's hard to just stop. I was very antsy last night after I finished. And, because of the cold and snow on the roads I ended up doing laps in the building's underground garage on my bicycle.

So, three quarters of the steps out of the way and some time to myself. Let's see what kind of trouble I can get myself into.

No comments: