Friday, April 1, 2011

From The Vault - Courtney McKay Commission 2000

While working on the Exit 6 collected book I ran across this commission I did of Courtney McKay in a pile of copies in one of my portfolios.

While the book itself folded in early 1999 it looks like, based on the date on this piece, that someone out there liked the work enough to commission me to do this private piece sometime in 2000. All I have now of it is a photocopy.

And, on last week's From The Vault post I got a few questions about the upcoming Exit 6 collected book:

"Did you do a painted cover of issue #4? I have seen a scan of the B&W cover of #4. Will you also be including all the covers in the collected works (including the ash covers)? "

I did do a painted version of Exit 6 #4 that never saw print. I have the original painting here somewhere so I'll have to dig it out for next week's From The Vault post. And, in the collected works book not only will all the covers be included but all the ashcan covers, alternate covers, unused covers, unpublished issues, unpublished penciled issues, original character sheets, and everything else I can find that that I have that is Exit 6 related. All that art plus a biography of my own life as it pertains to the Exit 6 story and I foresee this book running between 200-300 pages long.

It's been a long time in coming but it's almost here. I just hope it's worth the wait.

No comments: