Saturday, April 2, 2011

Happy April!

I decided to skip putting the new blog header up yesterday because I wanted to continue the From the Vault Friday posts. Plus, I didn't want to try and come up with some odd April Fool's Day joke for the blog so I skipped doing that altogether.

I inked up the illustration I did of Ryan Burke late last week and decided to use it for the new header. As much as I like putting images I've done in the past into the new headers I am going to try, from now on, to do new pieces for the blog. I really enjoyed doing the Ryan piece and it reminded me how much fun I have simply drawing for myself when I can get out of my own way.

I liked the piece so much I tweaked it a bit to make it its own illustration. I stole the logo the band The Who use for their merchandise (which they themselves stole from the RAF plane insignias so I didn't feel so bad) and put it behind Ryan. I think it works really well. Ryan is a big Who fan so it seems to fit.

I put the image up on Facebook a few days ago and a few people said I should make it into a T-shirt. So, it might be worth a visit over to Zazzle to see what I can do with it. I think with a few little tweaks it could make a cool new shirt. What do you think?

Whatever it is, enjoy April and the new warm weather it brings with it!

No comments: