Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Finished Judges

Whew....the day totally ran away from me so I'm only getting to the blog late tonight. But, in keeping with the 365 Club I know I'd be kicking myself if I let the whole day go without putting a new post up.

Here are a few more images from the Judge commission I've been doing.

All the characters are done and now it's just a matter of sitting down with the client and making these all into useable pieces for the application he is working on. I figured it would be much easier if he just came over and sat down with me and told me what he wanted as we worked on it than do endless revisions through email. That is one advantage of having a client who lives nearby. I can actually have a real life conversation with him while we get what he wants done as opposed to me second guessing every move I make.

So, the art on these are almost done. Now it's on to a few other client projects and then I think I can carve out some free time for my own projects. We'll see how that goes.

But, for now, I am turning off the light above my art table and calling it a night. A quick workout and then I am going to sit and watch a movie.

Have a great night.


Dean said...

I'm so envious of how your day goes. It's depressing getting up at 4am, scraping the ice off the car and driving (half asleep) to another long slog at the day-job.

This judge looks flawless. Great style.

I'm very interested in what your personal projects would be like.

Sean Tiffany said...

Thanks Dean...glad you're liking the work.

I remember the days of having to go to a day job and then doing your own personal stuff at night. I'd wake up at 6:30 each morning, be to work at 8am, and then work until 4pm. When I'd get home I'd sleep from 4:30 until around 6:30, wake up, get some dinner, and then draw from around 7 or 8 until 11pm, when I'd go out and rollerblade around town or work out. Then I'd draw a bit more and usually crash around 2am.

I'd do this every day for years. What was weird is that I basically set myself up to have two short days in one day. Each "day" was twelve hours and I'd always be waking up around 6:30 in the morning or at night. One day was for "the man" and one day was for me.

I did this for years and in the final year of me working a full time job I was doing this while I worked freelance at night and saved enough money to build myself a nice safety net in case something went wrong.

It took discipline, everyone I knew thought I was crazy, but it seemed to work for me.

And, in the end, that's all that matters...whatever works for you.