Thursday, January 5, 2012

Sports Illustrated Kids November Illustrations

As the new year starts up I've begun the next round of illustrations for the Sports Illustrated Kids "What's The Call" article. I did some thumbnails for the new pieces this week and am just waiting back for the go ahead from my awesome art director so I can keep moving forward.

So, while waiting, I thought it might be a great time to show off a few of the illustrations I did for last November's issue.

First off, a baseball player hits a home run but his leg cramps up as he rounds second base and he cannot finish rounding the bases. Is he allowed to be replaced by a pinch runner?

Second, an NFL punter muffs the snap and the ball drops to the ground. Instead of pouncing on the ball and covering it up, he kicks the ball off the ground? Is this legal?

And, last but not least, during a track relay, Runner A prepares to pass of the baton to the Runner B, who is running the anchor leg. As the handoff is made, one of Runner B¹s feet is outside of the exchange zone, though the baton itself is inside the zone. Does this qualify as a legal baton exchange?

You're the official on the field. So, you tell me...

What's the call?

Have a great day!

No comments: