Thursday, January 26, 2012

Kick it On!

So I got the illustrations for the client done late last night and slept in pretty late this morning, enjoying my first day off in weeks. It's almost weird going from having a ton of stuff due to having nothing on your plate anymore except personal projects. I almost didn't know what to do with myself today. So, I took it easy, watched a movie, and played some guitar. All in all, a good first day of winding down.

But, on the art and creative side of things, I wanted to let you all know about a new Kickstarter campaign that my friend, Jeff Lafferty, started. He is trying to fund his very own stop motion animated film and you can help out. Take a look at the video below and check out the link. He has some great incentives and, as you can see by the clips in the video, once he gets this movie done it's going to look awesome. I've already donated a bit but I'm sure he could use as much help as he can get. Good luck, Jeff!



Speaking of videos, after I finished up the client work last night I started tackling a project Amber, a friend of mine, asked me to do. Recently a friend of hers passed away. Amber was telling me about this and showed me a video of her friend on YouTube singing and, honestly, her voice was beautiful and blew me away. Amber was pretty shaken up and really wanted to do something so I offered up my skills to make a quick video with photos of her friend in a slide show while she sang. Below is what I came up with using the audio from her friend's YouTube video along with some photos Amber sent to me. It's not much but, even though I didn't know her, I am really sorry she is gone.



And, here is the original video I pulled the song from. With a voice so beautiful I'm really sad this girl is not here with us anymore.



Have a great day and always enjoy your life!

No comments: