Monday, February 15, 2010

Back to the Drawing Board

Geez, it's been a while (almost two weeks) since I've sat at the drawing board and actually did any sort of illustration. I keep meaning to do it, almost every night, after I finish recording tracks for the OilCan Drive album, but the couch always seems to get the better of me (curses on me for buying such a comfortable sofa!)

So, yeah, I felt a bit rusty as I sat down yesterday to sketch out the newest job for a new (and as yet un-named) client. But, I got my groove going after a while and sketched out the whole job in blue pencil. It felt nice to move the pencil around on the page again, making shapes and fitting all of the characters in the same space. I'm not as fast as I was two weeks ago but it felt nice to relax and not push it too fast. The deadline isn't that close yet.

The camera had a hard time picking up most of the details of the piece but you hopefully can get a good idea of what's going on so far. And, the little thumbnail of what I am doing can be seen in the notebook in the corner of the photo.

The challenge this week will be seeing if I can work on both the illustration and the album at the same time with neither suffering.

It should be interesting if nothing else.

No comments: