Thursday, February 11, 2010

Rocking and Rolling Along

The OilCan Drive album is rolling along smoothly and, unlike last week where I wanted to quit every day when I woke up and got out of bed, this week has been nothing but great. It seems that scrapping all the previous work I had done and starting over from scratch was the right thing to do.

The schedule that seems to have naturally evolved while working on this project has been to wake up, check the emails, write some things, have some breakfast, take a shower, and then record a song. I've been concentrating, in order, on recording the bass and guitar parts for one song a day. I can usually get most of the song tracked before dinner but sometimes find myself going back afterwards and tweaking a few things. Then, once I feel the song is done for the day, I'll move over to doing some illustration or design work to fill out the night.

So far, it's worked well.

The problem last night is that I didn't want to stop. I wanted to work on the next song and not go to bed. Which was a good feeling. It was nice to mentally prepare myself for today and figure out what guitar parts might go where and how I was going to tackle it. I guess there are worse things than not wanting to stop working on something you love.

I'm sure I'll go back and maybe add or tweak things later on but, for now, two songs are in the can (at least guitar and bass wise.) "Out of My Mind" and "I Know" (tentative titles) are tracked and today I'll be working on a song called "Forbidden Planet."

But, I'll have to work fast. I have special sneaky plans tonight and, if all goes well, I'll have an adventure to tell in the coming days. Have a good one!

No comments: