Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Nicole Baylor, Reworked

The plan today was to try and retackle the Nicole Baylor piece I had previously penciled and try to get her all done in one day. I loved the feeling I had last week when I got the Ryan Burke piece I used for the blog header penciled, inked, and colored all in one waking day and I wanted that feeling again. I thought doing this Nicole piece might be just what I was looking for.

So I got the board laid out, blue line penciled the whole piece, and started in with the pencil details.

And that's when it hit me.

I had woken up with a touch of a headache this morning but after I got to the board and started working the headache developed into a full blown migraine. My head was aching, the room felt like it was spinning, and I got very nauseous. I tried to fight through it and keep working but it was just too much. I staggered into my bedroom and tried to lay down but that just made it worse. So, I retreated to the living room, laid on the couch, and watched old science fiction TV shows until I passed out on the couch.

I woke up late in the evening, had some dinner, and felt a bit better.

Around nine o'clock tonight I hit the board again and finished penciling the Nicole piece.

It was by no means a perfect day and I didn't get anything close to what I wanted done but I am much happier with the way Nicole looks in this piece than she did in the previous piece. The way she is sitting on the music road case looks much more natural and correct than what I had done before.

And, if nothing else, I survived an afternoon where I really felt like I was dying. And, that's always a good thing.

Have a good one. I hope to be back in fighting shape tomorrow!

No comments: