Monday, February 13, 2012

Sports Illustrated Kids December Illustrations

As I start the next round of illustrations for the Sports Illustrated Kids "What's The Call" article I thought it would be a good idea to show off the pieces I did for the December issue. I would have shown these earlier but the January pieces are actually from a January/February issue and I won't be able to show those off until March. So I figured I'd space them out a bit and wait until now to post these.

As always, wacky stuff is happening on the field of play and it's up to you to decided if the play is legal or not.

In the first illustration a football team punts the ball away. The receiver calls for a fair catch but his teammate catches the ball and starts running for a return with a gain in yards.

In the second a volleyball player, unable to make the play, sticks his foot out and kicks the ball. It's then hit over the net by a teammate.

And, finally, a tennis player returns a lob with such a spin on the ball that it actually doesn't go over the net but around it and back into play.

So, you tell me, what's the call?

Have a great day!

No comments: