Thursday, February 16, 2012

Pencil Sketch

Here is a pencil sketch I did earlier this week of the gang from OilCan Drive. I love the way everyone turned out so far except for Ryan. Something about him just wasn't working for me so late last night, around 2am, I decided to re-pencil him. I'll ink the three members of the band I do like and then digitally add in Ryan later.

I tried penciling Ryan again this morning and it still wasn't working for me so I think I need to rework his pose and go from there. In frustration I stopped penciling and started inking some client work. At least there's always something to do around here.

This piece is for something I've been working on for the last few weeks and once I get this piece done it will be a big step to getting that project done.

But, first I have to figure out what Ryan will look like. Once that happens it will be smooth sailing!

Right now it just feels like stormy seas.

Have a great day.

No comments: