Saturday, January 12, 2013

Almost There

The initial inks for the newest Oilcan Drive page are done. Now I just need to erase all the pencil lines, fill in a few black areas, and clean up any mistakes on the page with some white-out.

Then it's off to scan the piece into the computer, add some tones, add some lettering, and calling this latest page done.

I'm really enjoying doing a page each week of the book. It takes some of the pressure off and I don't feel like I have to worry about a complete book all the time, I simply have to worry about each individual page each week. Of course, each page can drive me a little nuts but within a week it's done and put to bed and I can worry about the next page. Plus, only worrying about one page a week seems to fit in well with the rest of life and the client work I need to get done as well.

Step by step, little by little, this is how a complete book will get done.

I'll take a few shots of this piece all filled in and cleaned up for tomorrow's blog.

For now, have a great day!

No comments: