Tuesday, January 22, 2013

OilCan Drive Cover Sketch

Last week I started messing around with cover ideas for the new OilCan Drive book. Because this time around I'm doing a series of issues and not a one off story I decided I needed to come up with a design for the cover and logo elements that I'll be able to use over and over again as I do new books.

So, I sat down at lunch last Friday and came up with a simple design that uses the OCD logo, the Plastic Spoon Press logo, a by line for myself, and a spot on the cover for the issue number.

And, because I had some extra time, I started sketching out the band on the cover and couldn't stop. I'm not sure if this idea will ever make it to the final stages of any actual cover but I thought it would be cool to show off some sketching and how I work out some of my ideas.

It's not much right now, but it's a start.

Enjoy and have a great one!

No comments: