Friday, September 11, 2015

Faith in the Future

Phew, it's been another long day and I once again find myself writing this just a bit before 3am. One of these days this schedule is going to catch up with me.

I finished up the newest OilCan Drive page this afternoon and posted it tonight. You can check it out HERE.

I also did a few thumbnail ideas for a client that I hope to hear back from soon so I can get rolling on their next project. It's fun to bat around new ideas but also a little scary. I always hope I am giving a client what they want and the thumbnail stage is at least a good way to make sure we're both on the same page.

I also received a nice surprise from my friend Adam in Nashville. He sent me over the raw files for his newest song so I could open them up in ProTools and play with them. So, as a way to take a break from the drawing board tonight, I sat for a few hours and started mixing his song. I finally had to tear myself away from the fun and get back to work but I am hoping I can get back to it soon. Add this music mix to working on Lou's video and I doubt I'll have time to get bored anytime soon.

I'll also be up in Fort Collins this weekend for their first comic convention so I'm not sure if I'll be able to write tomorrow night. We'll see. I'll be spreading the good word of OilCan Drive and I'll have the usual books, music, trading cards, and stickers to sell and hand out. I'll also be bringing some original sketches that I'll be selling as well as doing commissions at the show. If you're near Fort Collins, come on by and say hello. It would be great to meet you. You can find more info about the convention HERE.

And finally, Craig Finn, a musician and writer who I've come to really admire, put out his second solo album today. About a month ago Craig asked for quick video submissions to go along with a song from the album, "Faith in the Future." I had already pre-ordered the new album and loved the EP of five songs I received for ordering so early. So, of course, I had to submit something.

I sat at lunch one afternoon and, as I drew a little cartoon of Craig with a word balloon singing the title of the track, "Maggie, I'm Still Searching For Our Son," I took photos of my progress. I sent both the photos and the time lapse video to Craig.

And now the video has been officially released and the first place you can see it is over at Rolling Stone. Among a bunch of other great fan submitted content, there are a few pieces of my art. It's really cool and I totally love the song!

Here are a few of the photos I sent in to Craig. Enjoy the video and enjoy the song. It reminds me of a bit of Bruce Springsteen mixed with a little punk rock and something else I can't quite put my finger on but I really like. If you'd like more info about getting Craig's album you can check it out HERE.

Now, it's time for me to get some rest! Too much rocking and rolling for one day!

No comments: