Wednesday, September 30, 2015

24 Hour Comic Day Anthology Cover

Today I got a bit further along on the new cover for the 24 Hour Comic Day anthology book. I spent most of today inking the piece but I thought I'd show off the pencil sketch first.

In order to streamline the process for the 24 Hour Comic Day and, because I wanted to create the cover in the same way I'll be tackling the event this Saturday, I penciled the cover in non-repo blue pencil. The idea is that, once I am done inking the page, there will be no need to erase any pencil marks before I finish and scan the piece to the computer for touch ups and lettering.

The problem with the non-repo blue pencil is it is a bit harder to capture with a photo than if I had penciled it my usual way. But, hopefully you get the idea.

I'll show of the final inks tomorrow!

No comments: