Saturday, September 5, 2015

Happy September!

The last part of this summer has been an interesting ride. Somewhere in the middle of July I felt like I lost any sort of creative mojo I had. No matter what I did nothing seemed to be flowing. Oh, I did work and tried things. The technical aspect of what I do was still there and I was able to work but nothing felt quite right at all.

Then, all of a sudden, once the weather cooled off a bit, my creativity returned with a vengeance. My head started spinning at a million miles an hour and I felt like I wanted to do EVERYTHING! I could barely contain it and I've been doing my best to focus it in some sort of useful direction.

Illustration is still my first priority but my head has been filled with so much more. I am writing more music, from the rock songs with OilCan Drive to actually trying to figure out how to compose for a symphony. I've been working with my friend Lou on his songs as well and honing my skills as a producer and recording engineer. I've started looking into film again and I built a steady-cam rig this week and have plans to do some test filming tomorrow. I've been doing my client work but also trying to keep the page-a-week schedule I set up for myself with OilCan Drive as well as do some more fun illustration for a few t-shirt companies here and there.

It's been crazy and I am just trying to enjoy the ride for as long as it lasts.

For now, here is a piece I did for a t-shirt company of the ghost with the most, Beetlejuice. If you're interested in a t-shirt or print of the afterlife exterminator you can check out my t-shirt shop HERE.

And, because both losing your mojo for a while and then having it almost drive you crazy both seem to keep me away from the blog, here are a bunch of process shots as I was working on this piece. I hope you enjoy and I'll see you all soon! There are so many places to go from here!






No comments: