Thursday, March 8, 2012

OilCan Drive Synopsis

I spent another day mostly trying to figure out how to put things together for the new OilCan Drive project. Unfortunately, most of the day was spent figuring out how to do it the wrong way first before I could learn how to do it the right way. But, sometimes you need to walk down the wrong blind alley to learn which way is the right way to go.

So, I'm hopeful that tomorrow I can put to use some of the things I learned today and make a little more progress.

I also wrote out a synopsis for the OilCan Drive concept today and I wanted to see what you thought. Basically, I tried to write a quick blurb that you might read in the TV Guide describing a movie that's coming on cable. I hope I did well but if anything is too wordy or doesn't make sense please let me know:

"OilCan Drive is the story of an outlaw rock and roll band traveling through the futuristic wastelands of America in a stolen airship. With an ex-hockey player as it's lead singer, a former soldier playing lead guitar, a runaway girl on drums, and a giant gorilla playing bass guitar; it's a post-apocalyptic Western with a rock and roll soundtrack. It's Josie and the Pussycats meets Joss Whedon's Firefly. It's the story of a band that is, literally, on the run."

OK, that is it for today. I am off to bed to get some rest before I start everything again in the morning.

Have a great one.

2 comments:

Jeff Lafferty said...

Yeah Ryan!
Jeff

Sean Tiffany said...

Th rest of the band was done like this too, but I figured the Ryan button looked the best. I may use the others as I need some kind of art to put up here when I ask questions about the writing.