Thursday, October 1, 2009

Another Step Out of the Way

Thanks again to Dan O'Connor and all his great work that I've been featuring on the blog over the last week or so. I hope you all enjoyed the adventures from the "Back to the Kubert" strips as much as I did.

And, as I said before, it gave me some much needed time to get some work done on a few other projects.

One of which was finally getting all the inks done on the OilCan Drive project. This one seems like it took forever. Maybe it's because I was on fire with the project during the early summer. I was penciling and inking away like a fiend. When the Fourth of July hit I only had a mere three pages left to ink and this stage of the project would be done.

So, what took so long to finish those three pages?

Well, throw in doing three children's books back to back, a few other various freelance projects for clients, a two week trip to the East coast, my parents coming to visit me here in Colorado from the east coast, and just getting back into the groove of art again and the time just got away from me. But, I finally kicked time's ass and sat down and knocked those last three pages out.

So now every interior page is inked and scanned into the computer. I spent the last few days scripting the dialogue and laying in the rough lettering on each page. My goal is to have the full interior finished, lettered, and gray toned by Sunday night. So far so good. We'll see how it goes from here.

Then it's just a matter of doing the fun covers and group shots to round the book out. Oh, and do an entire album's worth of music by myself...shheesh...it makes me tired even thinking about it. But I am having fun and things are rolling along.

And, hockey starts back up again tonight. The Colorado Avalanche are back on the ice after a ceremony to celebrate the retiring Joe Sakic's career. It'll be a sad sight to see Joe retire but hockey is back on.

And that always makes life seem a little bit better.

No comments: