Friday, October 9, 2009

From the Vault - Weekly Reader Bowling Clown 2005

I know this piece was done for one of the Weekly Reader plays that kids read while in class at school. But, as far as what the story was about, I really have no idea. And it's not like this image gives me any clues.

But, from what I remember, it was a blast to draw. With as many boring, everyday things that an artist is asked to draw sometimes a job comes along that has you drawing a clown on steroids who is enjoy a round of bowling while chickens parachute in from the ceiling.

I can't imagine there's that many people in the world who can say they had to do something like this for their paying day job. It's pieces like this that remind me why I love doing art for a living!

Thanks Weekly Reader!

2 comments:

rob! said...

I've never seen this piece before...nice!

That said, clowns are still creepy.

Sean Tiffany said...

I wouldn't think this image of a clown would make them any less creepy in your mind. Of course, there is the zombie clown in "Zombieland"...now, that was funny.