Friday, October 16, 2009

From The Vault - Crocodile Dundee 1990?

I don't know what year it was when I did this piece. I have to believe it was either done during my first or second year of art school at the Joe Kubert School of Cartoon and Graphic Arts. So, it was either 1990 or 1991. Maybe it would help if I had signed and dated it.

But, I do know it must have been done for a caricature class.

This folks, is good old Crocodile Dundee himself, Paul Hogan.

Why he was done using only cut construction paper, I have no idea. I honestly can't even recall ever doing this piece. But I know it must be one of my pieces. It looks like something I must have done long long ago.

Ah, getting old...it isn't for the weak of will. Ha ha.

Have a great weekend.

4 comments:

Thom Zahler said...

Sean--

It was a second year assignment in McWeeney's class. I can't remember who I did, but I've got memories of cutting out paper eyes for mine. I think I might have done Christian Slater myself, but I'm not sure.

Sean Tiffany said...

Thom, I thought it might have been second year. It seems a little too advanced for a first year assignment and not as goal oriented as a third year project. Just one of those odd assignments to take us outside the box and be a bit more creative.

When are the "Thom From the Vault's" going to start?

rob! said...

Dear God, I remember this piece! I think I did Jay Leno, and I attached a set of googly eyes...

Sean Tiffany said...

Robbo, this did make me wonder if this is where you got the initial idea for cut paper portraits. Hmmm....?