Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The Cartoonist

As I blogged before, I'm a huge fan of the Jeff Smith "The Cartoonist" DVD.

If you haven't seen it yet, and shame on you if you haven't, PBS is now giving you the chance to see it for free.

"On November 8 and 9, a new documentary, "The Cartoonist: Jeff Smith, BONE and the Changing Face of Comics" will be fed via satellite to public television stations around the country as a special for the November/December pledge drive period."

But, they might need your help to make sure your local PBS station actually airs it. More can be read on the official press release HERE.

Of the many DVDs I put on the TV on any given day for inspiration, The Cartoonist is one of the few I have that really makes me want to do comic books. I have tons of stuff on music, musicians, and concerts but very few great DVDs that focuses so well on a comic book artist. It's great for kids, adults, and anyone who ever wondered what goes on behind the scenes of making a successful, do-it-yourself comic book.

If you can't tell yet, I HIGHLY recommend it! So, check out the press release and see if it's on your local PBS station this weekend. I promise you that you won't be disappointed.

No comments: