Tuesday, November 10, 2009

This is a Test...this is only a Test...

"When one of us stops playing, we all stop playing...because that means the song is over." - My Name is Earl

I've been reading a book lately called "The Indie Band Survival Guide." It's, as you've guessed it, a guide to help the independent musician. And since, barring some miracle, that is what the cartoon band OilCan Drive is, it's been a really good read.

I'm about a quarter of the way through the book and, so far, it has me thinking alot about the design of the OilCan Drive website. Right now, that site is just a place holder with a few links and promises of things to come. But, the ideas are starting to form of what I want to build into that page and how I want it to look. While doing all of the freelance work I have on my plate right now all I can do with the OilCan Drive project is think about stuff.

One of the things I've been working on is how to embed music onto the page without simply having links to various MP3s. I know I've embedded music before on this blog and for some of you it's worked and for some of you it hasn't. So, I've found a new code that will allow me to stream a bunch of MP3s in one player. Please let me know if this player works on your computer. It works fine on mine but, with the world wide web, it's hard to say that which works on mine will work on yours.

My only gripe with this player is their is no track list from song to song. You don't know if you're on song three or sixteen. I think I need to dig a little deeper and see if I can find a flash driven player that works well. If anyone can point me in the right direction I'd much appreciate it.

But, for now, let's see if this works.

Oh, and if anyone knows a way to kill the space between the text here and the player below, please let me know. I have no idea how to get it move up further.

Update: OK, so this player didn't work quite as well as I hoped it would. Two of the three people who reported in couldn't get it to work. So, it's back to the drawing board. Go check out my second try.

Track 1 - OilCan Drive - It Ain't Me, Babe
Track 2 - OilCan Drive - When I Paint My Masterpiece
Track 3 - OilCan Drive - Wastelands (Instrumental)

1 comment:

rob! said...

ST-

I'm using Firefox, and I can't see/hear any music links. There's just empty space, then the three Track listings, but they're just text...?