Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Back to the Art

It's back to the drawing board with the scanned in pin-up I've been working on for the last few days. The color is slowly coming along so I thought I'd show you the progress. Yes, I hid the naughty bits under a black bar. I like to tease that way.

I also sat down today and thumbnailed out the newest Jake Maddox kid's book this afternoon at lunch. I think this will be the most challenging football story yet. One illustration calls for me to not only draw two boys perusing through a sports magazine but also for the magazine to be showing every member of the Green Bay Packers and the Dallas Cowboys in a big pile on the goal line while a referee signals for a touch down. Yikes! I'll let you know if I have any hair left after I pull most of it out in the next two weeks :)

And a big thank you to Bob Dylan and the great folks over at www.expectingrain.com (thank you Mark "Moon" J. for the linking). After yesterdays post it's definitely been a wild ride and I hope the people who are seeing my blog for the first time aren't disappointed. Thank you all for coming and I hope you enjoyed your stay. I also hope some of you stick around for a while. I promise to do my best to make it worth your while. And, for those of you who have asked, there will be an OilCan Drive album out sometime this year. Stay tuned to this blog for more information. It's coming soon, I promise.

Thank you all again! You're the best!

No comments: