Saturday, January 16, 2010

OilCan Drive Radio Debut Re-airing

Just a reminder that OilCan Drive's radio debut will be re-airing tonight on Bob Reitman's WUWM show, "It's Alright Ma, It's Only Music."

I tried to listen to the show on Thursday night but my internet connection went a little haywire and the whole show got chopped up. It was like someone took the sound file, chopped it into pieces, and then pulled it apart. So, a two hour chunk of a sound file was only an hours worth of the show chopped up. Talk about frustrating.

But, from what I heard amidst the mess up, it was a great show. There were songs by Elvis, Cat Powers, Led Zeppelin, The Ramones, and, yes, even OilCan Drive. I always figured that if, and it always seemed like such a big IF, if OilCan Drive ever got played on the radio it might be some local college radio station on a show that might feature new local artists. Kind of one of those shows where the feel is, "here is a bunch of shitty new music and, amidst that shitty new music, here is OilCan Drive's shitty new music."

So, to be included in a program amidst such great artists still amazes me. And to be recognized by a legendary DJ like Bob Reitman is really an honor.

Bob had some really great things to say about the band and I am still amazed he is a fan. And, after reading more about his life and career, I can say I'm overjoyed he came out of retirement and is continuing to do his show weekly at WUWM. Thanks again, Bob, you're the best!

So, listen tonight if you can. These shows are not rebroadcast and are not available on demand or for purchase. If you want to hear the show, tonight is your last chance.

Bob's show, "It's Alright Ma, It's Only Music" replays tonight (Saturday) at 9pm CST. That's 10pm to all my east coast friends, 8pm to all my friends here in the Rocky Mountains, and, just because I love you, 7pm to all you folks on the west coast. And, for my friend in France, sorry Manu, you're going to have to figure out what time it is on your end yourself. You can listen on the web with the WUWM 89.7 FM /HD-1 streaming channel HERE.

No comments: