Friday, January 15, 2010

From The Vault - OilCan Drive Calendar 2003

In honor of OilCan Drive having a great week, what with being on the radio and all, I thought I'd dig back into the vault and pull out a few art pieces from 2003.

When I left the daytime job type job and set out on a career of freelancing for the second time in my life I thought I'd have all kinds of free time to do personal projects. One of the projects I was itching to tackle was OilCan Drive. While I wasn't quite ready to dive into a full comic book story about the band I thought I'd start slowly and do a calendar. I mean, how hard could it be to do twelve to thirteen single illustrations of the band I loved?

Little did I know that a freelance art career can take on a life of it's own.

Before I knew it I was buried in work and the end of the year was coming up fast. So, it's a project I never quite got to finish.

But, as you can see, it would have been fun. Plus, it's always neat to see half penciled, half inked pieces right in the middle of the work.

So, no OilCan Drive 2004 Calendar.

Maybe, if I'm lucky and play my cards right, there may be one ready for 2011.

But, don't quote me on that.

No comments: